Sunday, October 18, 2009

When Kettlebells Invade

I'm going to start off by saying, man, that was fun.

Girevoy Sport, competitive kettlebell lifting, was introduced to Manhattan yesterday. Congratulations to Rick and Chriss and the Ironworks Fe team for throwing such a successful event. Great job.

So this was competition #2. The first was when I competed long cycle with the 24kg bells at Mike Sanders' event over in Sparta, NJ. After having trained 6 weeks in a sport consisting of a completely different movement language, I finished with about 5 minutes and 4 seconds and 21 reps. This time around I came in at about 7 minutes and 40 seconds with 34 reps. Personal best. I'm happy with that.

If you've yet to get a taste of competitive bells, it's time to get it in gear folks. If you're in the area, Mike is holding another event next month, I believe on Saturday the 14th at The Fit Experience. Even if you're going just as a spectator, it's time to get your feet wet and see what it's all about.

For more information, contact Mike at Mike.Sanders.kbfit@gmail.com or at 973-670-7047

No comments: