Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quest for a Title


Ok, well it's time. Time to step up to the big leagues. I've been cutting my teeth for about a year now in local regional girevoy sport competitions. Not having gone for an event organized by one of the major national bodies, I'm jumping in.

American Kettlebell Club is throwing the National Long Cycle Championships at the Reebok Sports Club on the Upper West Side, Saturday, March 27th. I've just submitted my rank qualification video for eligibility, so barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'll be there.

I wanted to put out an invitation to anyone that hasn't experienced a kettlebell sport competition yet. Come on out and spend the day with us. Yes, I do in fact want to encourage as much of an overly enthusiastic, boisterous cheering section in "MOVE" shirts, (wink wink), but it goes beyond that. The kettlebell sport (g.s.) world, while very competitive and rather political from time to time, is also an incredibly connected and nurturing athletic world. When you walk in, I guarantee you're going to find a room full of athletes, newbies and veterans alike, that are more than happy to share what it is about this sport that inspires them so much.

Seriously, come on out. I'd love to see everyone there.

No comments: