Thursday, January 14, 2010

Special Haiti Relief Bootcamp

Good Evening Everyone,
I'm sure you have all been watching the news with as much horror and heartbreak as I have this week. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the extent of the destruction and loss in Haiti right now. I'm just a fitness coach at a small gym in NY, but I can't not try to help as best I can. I believe we've all been given gifts with the expectation that we'll do the utmost good with them. My gift is making people sweat. So that's what I'm going to do.

This Saturday, January 16th from 5pm -6pm I'm throwing a special Bootcamp for Haitian relief. West River members and non members alike are welcome. I want to fill this place to the gills.

Admission is a $30 check made out to the American Red Cross with "International Relief Fund: Haiti" in the comments line. Do not make checks out to me or to the gym. Only your donation gets you in.

This will be an open level class that is appropriate and challenging for all fitness levels. Kettlebells, sandbags, calisthenics and a whole lot of sweating going on. If you're planning on coming, shoot me an email so I can make sure to have enough...fun...planned for everyone.

Even if you can't make it on Saturday, please pass this message along to the people in your contacts list. Maybe someone there can and is looking for a way to help. To make a donation straight to the American Red Cross Haitian Relief fund please follow this link.
http://american.redcross.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ntld_main&JServSessionIdr004=rkheqwwce3.app194a

Class will be held at :
West River Health & Racquet Club
424 West End Ave @ W81st St.
Penthouse level.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on Saturday.

--
Jt

No comments: