Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thursday Blowout

 

What keeps you going? What is it that pushes you harder? It’s like in a job interview question. Do you need the camaraderie and competitive environment that comes in a group situation with less individual attention? Or are you more of a self motivator? Here’s your task.  You’ve got supervision if you need it, but we’re looking to you to make this happen?

 People are figuring this out every week at the Blowout.

 That’s no surprise. What does surprise me is when people are taken out of their familiar environments and given a mission, just how farthey’re willing to go. Every week I learn something new about the resolution of a strong mind. I’m not talking about elite professional athletes.

I’m  not talking about world record holders. I’m not 

talking about anyone other than the kind of people we all sit next to on the subway every single day.  Every day athletes that choose to rise above through performance. Resolution, determination, strength of mind and body.

Never am I ceased to be amazed by the stamina and determination our participants demonstrate. Weekly the instructor is inspired by these athlets. Weekly I learn a lesson that allows me to push myself harder. It’s another reason why I’m grateful. Another reason why I understand I have the greatest job in the world. 

No comments: