Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday Night Blowout


We've all heard what they say about greenhorns, newbies & rookies. I'm here to tell you I just saw something else all together. Two of our athletes tonight didn’t have a clue what they were getting into. None the less they dug in, bit down and made it their own.

Congratulations and thank you for all your hard work. Nothing says commitment like leaving you DNA on the floor. I’m not quite too sure about this, but I think Mike took the disclaimer of dizziness, seeing spots, and shortness of breath to be more pre fixe menu rather than cautionary warning.


Having beaten back The Beast, we move on for our date with The Hellion. I’m starting to get used to the stares of disbelief. You know what though, Gary won a victory every time that med ball bounced back into his hands or felt both feet planted, standing tall and the end of his get ups. I think I’ve got a pretty good idea just how much Ron hated that kettle. But every time he rotated through, they got that much better. Work a little more. Fatigue is gaining fast. Dig even deeper and seek to excel. This is the key to performance and success. That’s what he showed us. Awesome, awesome job guys.


Mike, you’re starting to scare me man. I might just make you work with a 40# vest on from now on out.

Post results to the comments section. I'll see you next Saturday.

2 comments:

rportnoy said...

Beast 1 - 8 minutes
Hellion 2
Nuclear Pushups 5,4,4,4,6
Hydro Choppers 11,13,9,10,8
Kettleball Swing 6,8,6,6,8
Rest
Deck Squat Wallball 3,6,6,5,4
Sandbag Turkish 3,2,2,2,1

Unknown said...

Beast 1: 6.07 with 25 lb dumbbells (replacing pushpresses with cleans)

Hellion 2:
Nuclear Pushups - 17,15,14,15,14
Hydro Choppers - 24,23,19,20,15
Kettleball Swing (big one) - 27, 27, 28 22 29
Deck Squat Wallball 10,11,11,12,13
Sandbag Turkish 7,6,6,5,9